About the Bookmobile
On December 31, 2018, the Largo Public Library Bookmobile Fundraising Campaign exceeded its goal of $600,000 in pledges and donations received.
All PPLC cardholders are welcome to check out items from the Bookmobile's collection at any of the scheduled stops or pop-up locations.
- Largo Public Library bookmobile service launched in mid January 2019.
- There are many ways to support the bookmobile and the library.
- Please contact Greater Largo Library Foundation Director of Development Elliott Rakofsky, 727-587-6779 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bookmobile staff will offer assistance in finding materials on the Bookmobile and giving input on what to read next.
- The vehicle can carry approximately 2,500 items, so customers of all ages will find a variety of materials on board.
- Children and teens will see a mix of classics and new books, and adults will have access to the current bestsellers (6 months or newer) and some perennial favorites.
- The latest DVD releases will be available to check out as well as audiobooks on CD.
- Library staff will provide programs at some of the scheduled stops in order to build a community of readers.
- These programs may include storytime, book talks, book club support, and informational programs that share services available at the main library.