Do you or someone you know need help learning English? Largo Public Library offers one-to-one and small group tutoring to all adult non-native English speakers. The classes are free and all skills levels are welcome. Complete the Student Application.
- After an initial interview and placement test students are paired with a volunteer tutor who has completed an ESL training course.
- The tutor will help you set your learning goals and develop an individualized study plan to meet your needs.
- Tutors and learners meet two hours per week for a period of 6 months. Classes can be arranged to fit your schedule and are held in study rooms in the library.
- Student Progress Reports can be completed online.
- Admission Requirements: Non-native English speaker 18 years or older, commitment to attend classes for 2 hours each week for 6 months, if unable to make this commitment please wait to apply until you are able to do so
- Learn basic English language skills for everyday life
- Improve your conversational English
- Work on accent reduction for better communication
- Prepare for job and career advancement
- Prepare for GED, Citizenship and TOEFL