AARP 2021 Tax Assistance
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
March 1 - April 14, 2021
- Tax preparation will be by appointment only using a drop off method without personal contact.
- No walk-ins permitted.
- Schedule an appointment online through the AARP site.
- Appointments are made real-time; check back online as there may be a cancellation.
- Appointments will be available Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturday only. No walk-ins allowed.
- To make an appointment, the roll-out of time slot dates will be as follows:
- Starting February 22 for the period of March 1 through March 13
- Starting March 8 for the period of March 15 through March 27
- Starting March 22 for the period of March 29 through April 14
- For those with an appointment, pick up a pre-made packet at the drive thru or inside the library across from the circulation desk.
- Please take one packet and complete the forms before arriving for your scheduled appointment.
Since there will not be any in-person contact allowing detailed discussion and confirmation of data not contained on official forms, AARP Tax-Aide will NOT be preparing returns that include:
- Itemized deductions (medical, taxes, interest, charity, etc.). Only standard deductions will be used (plus up to $300 of CASH charitable contributions, if applicable).
- Self Employment Income (Form 1099-NEC).
- Federal returns if you have rental property
- State tax returns
- Some returns include Forms K-1. Ask about your K-1 when you bring your information.
Face masks are required for assistance. Do not show up if you are feeling ill or have been in contact with anyone who has or shows symptoms of COVID.