Largo Public Library operates one Bookmobile which brings library services to neighborhood centers, preschools, City of Largo facilities, retirement residences, and retail establishments in Largo and the surrounding unincorporated areas. Following a Bookmobile stop location request application submission, staff will evaluate the request for service.
All PPLC cardholders are welcome to check out items from the Bookmobile’s collection at any of the scheduled stops or pop-up locations. Qualified residents can register for a Pinellas Public Library Cooperative library card (Adult) or 3 For Me card (Children and Teen) on board. Bookmobile staff will offer assistance in finding materials on the Bookmobile and give input on what to read next.
• Bookmobile visits may be canceled due to weather conditions, mechanical issues, or unforeseen circumstances
• Four to six people may be on the Bookmobile with one staff on board and one assisting outside the vehicle
• Facility activities staff are present during Bookmobile service
• Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult
• All Borrower Services policies apply to registration, check in and check out of materials
• The Bookmobile will not serve as a pick up location for holds
Home Delivery outreach service ensures that City of Largo and adjacent unincorporated residents who aren’t able to get to the library or a Bookmobile stop can access materials.
- Library staff will deliver books, magazines, audio, and DVDs every two weeks.
- Residents must have a current Pinellas Public Library Cooperative (PPLC) library card, and speak with Library Outreach staff about their specific needs.
- This may be handled by a family member or by someone selected by the applicant. Live-in caregivers may apply. Library cards can be made on site.
• Permanent physical disability
• Temporary convalescence due to illness, injury, surgery or childbirth
• Other underlying health condition that precludes travel from home
• Homeschool and virtual school students
Largo Public Library Home Delivery includes:
• Free home delivery and pick up of library materials once every two weeks
• Personally selected items based on patron requests
• Date and time contact prior to delivery
• Contact-free delivery of materials
• No late fines (charges will accrue for lost or damaged items)
Visits may be canceled due to weather conditions, mechanical issues, or unforeseen circumstances.