Drive-thru Only: M - F, 10a-6p
Largo Public Library Begins the Process of Reopening
The Largo Public Library will begin re-opening to the community with limited services beginning Monday, May 18, 2020. The City of Largo is committed to providing a safe environment by implementing operational precautions following the guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). To preserve the health and safety of our community, the library will open with the following guidelines:
The book drop continues to be open for returning library materials (all checked out materials are due June 1.)
Monday, May 11
• Team members will return to the building to prepare the library to welcome the public.
Monday, May 18
• Drive-thru only service begins, Monday-Friday from 10am-6pm
• Cardholders can call, chat, or email staff and request Largo materials for pick-up; limit of 10 items
• Library staff will contact you within four hours to let you know materials are ready to pick up at the drive-thru window
- Items will be held for 2 days
- Contact us before 4pm for same day service otherwise items you may pick up your items the following day
- We do not have a date yet when materials can be requested through the library catalog.
Monday, June 1*
• The Library will open to the public at 25% occupancy
• Maximizing social distancing is required with 6ft separation between individuals
• Group sizes of no larger than ten people are required
• Frequent and regular cleaning of all touch points including doorknobs, keyboards, etc.
• Returned items will be set aside for 24 hours before processing
• Limited seating options will be available
• Limited available computers and computer time
• Library staff may be voluntarily wearing face masks
• Plexiglas shields have been installed at all service desks and there will be limited one-on-one staff assistance
• No in-person programming until further notice
• Meeting rooms, study rooms, and labs remain closed until further notice
New Services Available
• New one-touch self checkout units
• Mobile checkout option available for personal devices
• Self-service faxing and scanning station
• Virtual programming
• Take home summer reading program kits
• Increased eContent
• Live Chat available on the website
*All information is subject to change pending updates to County, State, and Federal guidelines.
The Largo Public Library looks forward to welcoming back our loyal patrons. If you have any questions, please contact us at: 727-587-6715
- The Friends of the Largo Library bookstore is not accepting donations, until further notice. We cannot accept items at this time.
- The bookstore will reopen June 15, Monday - Saturday 12:00-4:00pm