Bookmobile Guidelines & Request Form
The Bookmobile Library Staff will visit areas of potential need, within a set schedule of stops. The following criteria are typically used to select Bookmobile stops.
Bookmobile Service Priorities:
- Areas furthest from the library with under-served population
- Senior & Youth Care Facilities
- Medical Rehabilitation Centers
- Community Events
- Non-Profit Organizations
All Bookmobile stops must:
- Be within the Largo service area, or adjacent unincorporated service areas.
- Easily integrate into the existing schedule.
- Provide a parking area that is suitable for the vehicle and allows safe access for patrons.
Stops are evaluated on an ongoing basis. The library reserves the right to cancel/change/move a stop at any point if it feels the arrangement is not the best use of library resources.
Factors used in evaluating stop locations or times:
- How many patrons access the service on a consistent basis.
- Circulation of materials per stop.
- Consistent return of library materials in good condition.
- Proximity to other mobile stops and traditional library service.
- Time of the year.