Employment & Claim Unemployment
- DEO offers assistance to people who do not speak English as their primary language and those who have a limited ability to read, speak, write, or understand English.
- They also provide assistance to people who are unable to file a claim for various reasons. To speak to a Creole or Spanish speaker or use translation services, call the Contact Center: 1-800-204-2418.
- To open 1099 PDF documents, use Firefox internet browser.
- People who need assistance filing a claim online because of legal reasons, computer illiteracy, language barriers, or disabilities may call: 1-800-681-8102.
- You can find your state legislator by going to: MyFloridaHouse.gov.
- You will likely need the following information available:
- Name, Date of Birth, Last four digits of Social Security Number, Email Address, Issue you are experiencing and/or Claimant ID number.
- Note: If you continue to have difficulty filing a claim, the State Legislature has oversight over the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) and may be able to advocate on your behalf. Contact your State Legislator via telephone or e-mail.
- Mobile-friendly site
- The DEO administers the Disaster Unemployment Assistance program, which provides assistance to individuals whose employment has been either lost or interrupted as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- For employers who may need help retaining their workforce during times of temporary slowdown may be eligible for the Florida DEO’s Short Time Compensation Program.
- The Federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program provides unemployment benefits to those that may not otherwise be eligible under Florida’s state Reemployment Assistance program, including independent contractors and individuals who are self-employed.
- Individuals who have been impacted by COVID-19 and believe they may be eligible for PUA, can visit www.FloridaJobs.org and select "File a Claim" to apply and be considered for PUA.
- For questions in regard to your claim you can call the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity at 1-833-FL-Apply (1-833-352-7759).
- 2312 Gulf to Bay Blvd, Clearwater, FL 33765, (727) 524-4344. Mon-Fri, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Offer for free: Networking events, Hiring events, Professional skills workshops (including resume writing)
DigitalLearn.org job & resume help, LinkedIn, learn basic computer skills including mouse/keyboard, Internet, email/Outlook, file management, and more; learn about PC hardware, using apps, social media, and tablet basics.