Rental & Monetary Assistance, & Benefits
Pinellas County Emergency Rental Assistance Program
For residents who:
- experienced significant financial hardship between March 13, 2020, and now
- behind on rent payments or at risk of missing a rent payment
- household income at or below 80% of the area median income (AMI), with priority given to households below 50% of the AMI.
- For a single-person household, 80% of the AMI is $39,400. For a household of four, 80% of the AMI is $56,250.
- Priority will also be given to applicants who are facing an active eviction in court.
- Free Eviction Prevention Legal Services: Community Law Program (727) 582-7402, Gulfcoast Legal Services (727) 821-0726, Bay Area Legal Services(727) 490-4040
Temporary Cash Assistance cash assistance to families with children under the age of 18 or under age 19 if full time secondary (high school) school students, that meet the technical, income, and asset requirements.
Food Stamps helps people with low-income, buy healthy food
Medicaid provides Medical coverage to low income individuals and families. The state and federal government share the costs of the Medicaid program
Bankruptcy Forms contains US bankruptcy forms and basic bankruptcy information
Florida Department of Children and Families (includes ACCESS Florida) For individuals and families; Locate state and local assistance, services, and information for food, child care, medical assistance, abuse and neglect resources, and more.
Get Help Florida government and non-profit resources for those in need.
Right Service tool to find social services and government assistance in Florida.
Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) Describes the program and guidelines to assist in understanding the process
Mortgages (USA.gov) A list of resources provided by the government