Library Reopening Details
The Largo Public Library began reopening to the community with limited services Monday, May 18, 2020. The City of Largo is committed to providing a safe environment by implementing operational precautions following the guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). To preserve the health and safety of our community, the library will open with the following guidelines:
The book drop continues to be open for returning library materials.
• The Library will open to the public with limited occupancy
• As of Friday, June 26 face masks required
• Maximizing social distancing is required with 6ft separation between individuals
• Group sizes of no larger than ten people are required
• Frequent and regular cleaning of all touch points including doorknobs, keyboards, etc.
• Returned items will be set aside for 24 hours before processing
• Limited seating options will be available
• Limited available computers and computer time
• Plexiglas shields have been installed at all service desks and there will be limited one-on-one staff assistance
• No in-person programming until further notice
• Meeting rooms, study rooms, and labs remain closed until further notice
New Services Available
• New one-touch self checkout units
• Mobile checkout option available for personal devices
• Self-service faxing and scanning station
• Virtual programming
• Take home summer reading program kits
• Increased eContent
*All information is subject to change pending updates to County, State, and Federal guidelines.
The Largo Public Library looks forward to welcoming back our loyal patrons. If you have any questions, please contact us at: 727-587-6715.