Library Reopening Details - Updated May 2021
The Largo Public Library began reopening to the community with limited services Monday, May 18, 2020. The City of Largo is committed to providing a safe environment by implementing operational precautions following the guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). To preserve the health and safety of our community, the library will open with the following guidelines:• The Library is open to the public
• Following the Governor's Executive Order and Pinellas County subsequently canceling the county-wide face covering restrictions, the City of Largo, after careful consideration, is no longer requiring face coverings in city facilities. Under the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), face coverings are still strongly encouraged to protect the health and safety of our community. View details and information. (Rev. 5/5/21)
• The book drop is available for returning materials
• Frequent and regular cleaning of all touch points including doorknobs, keyboards, etc.
• Plexiglas shields have been installed at all service desks and there will be limited one-on-one staff assistance
• Study rooms, for up to 2 people per room on the first floor, can be reserved for up to 2 hour timeslot (as of 10/12/21)
Temporary reduced hours, for use of library inside the building, as of January 11, 2021:
Monday: 10am –7pm
There will be no change in hours to all other service areas:
- in-person programs in the Jenkins Wing
- the Answer Center (for incoming phone calls)
- drive-thru and same day service pick up
New Services Available
• One-touch self checkout units
• Mobile checkout option available from personal devices
• Self-service faxing and scanning station
• Virtual programming
• Take home program kits
• Increased eContent
*All information is subject to change pending updates to County, State, and Federal guidelines.
The Largo Public Library looks forward to welcoming back our loyal patrons. If you have any questions, please contact us at: 727-587-6715.